Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Pumpkin Bread: A Nutritional Boon
A vegetable scrumptious in taste and is popular amongst people for Halloween decoration is none other than the king of vegetable Pumpkin. It might astound you that pumpkin is rich in vitamins and minerals, but most importantly, is low in calories. The pumpkin has a water content ratio of 94% that makes it stomach-friendly. This highly nutrient-dense food has its use in various forms, like desserts, soups, salads, and many more delicious dishes. The orange color vegetable in the form of Pumpkin bread is soothing to the eyes and is mouth-watering.
The Flavor of Pumpkin Bread Enriches Your Spirit
This earthy-sweet flavor vegetable is irresistible if served in a manner such that it can raise the taste buds of many. So, today I am sharing with you the secret recipe for this delicious treat. A recipe from the leaflets of American cuisine is the Pumpkin Bread Recipe. It is quick and easy to make and whenever you want to eat something different from your daily routine. I am sure this dish will make you fall in love with it. It is easy to make – just a bit of mixing and stirring, pop it in the oven, and in about an hour, you will have a house smelling of sweet autumn spices and scrumptious bread. So, let start preparing this mouth-watering dish to soothe our appetite.
Serving: 2-3 people
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (210g)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp allspice
¼ tsp ground ginger powder
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ cup vegetable oil (120 ml)
2/3 cup white sugar (133g)
½ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extracts (5ml)
1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (300g)
¼ cup whole milk (60ml)
- Initially, we need to pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set an oven rack in the middle position.
- We need 9/5 inches loaf pan. Grease it with oil and dust some flour or, you can use butter paper. So, that it easily pops out.
- Take a large bowl and put a strainer over it. Now, pour all the dry ingredients (minus the sugar) like all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add spices and stain all dry ingredients together. Now whisk together and keep it aside.
- In the next step, we need to prepare the wet ingredients. Take a large mixing bowl and add vegetable oil, white and brown sugar. Then add eggs and vanilla extract into the mixture and mix it well.
- Once the mixture is mixed, add our most essential ingredient (pumpkin puree) into the mixture. Add milk into the mixture. Give a nice mix. The color after this mix is just irresistible and tempting too.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients. Whisk the mixture gently. Make sure to not over-mix them.
- When all thing comes together, pour the mixture into a greased bread pan or loaf pan.
- With the help of a spatula, and spread the mixture evenly into the loaf pan. Now, your batter is ready to go into the oven.
- Put the loaf bread pan into the pre-heated oven for an hour. After an hour, check the bread with the help of a toothpick to check the fluffiness. Insert a toothpick in the middle of the loaf, and when it comes clean. Your Pumpkin bread is in perfect cooking condition.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Then keep this bread over a wire rack. Invert the bread onto the rack and let it cool a bit more, then slice and enjoy it.
Over baking pumpkin bread will make it dry. So, insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the bread. If the tester comes out clean, it is ready to remove from the oven. But if the tester comes with crumbs or wet batter, then bread needs some more time to bake.
If your bread sinks, this means that it might be undercook. To avoid this sinking, cover your loaf pan with aluminum foil during the last 20 minutes of baking. It ensures the bread is cooked well from the inside. The top layer stays golden instead of burning.
The best way and tasty way of having the bread is to serve it the same day as you will love the texture and taste in every single bit. But if you want to store, the bread can store in an airtight food container or zip-top bag at room temperature for up to 3-4 days. If you like to keep it in the refrigerator, make sure the bread is at room temperature to avoid soiling. This method will keep the bread well stored for more than a week. If you want to preserve the bread for over a month, then the Pumpkin bread should be kept in the freezer compartment of your fridge.
Add on ingredient:
You can use dry fruits like chopped walnuts or raisins, this will enhance the flavor, but it is optional. You can also use butter or clarified butter instead of vegetable oil to make it more nutritious.
The recipe needs only a few dishes like medium and large size bowl, a sturdy whisk or blender, and a 9*5-inch loaf pan. These utensils will come in handy while making the bread.
No matter what the occasions are, try this unlimited Pumpkin Bread Recipe at home and enjoy it with your families and friends. Indeed kids like this bread’s sweet and earthy flavor. The aroma all over the house, and the color is very tempting. It will become hard for you to resist yourself from serving the dish. Just grab a bite and satisfy your pumpkin carving.