Cherry Cheesecake Recipe with Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
Cherry Cheesecake Filling
- 2 pounds (four – 8 ounce packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Sour cream topping (optional, see below)
- 1 can Comstock Cherry Pie Filling
Directions: How To Make a Cherry Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take a 9 inch springform pan apart, line the bottom plate with aluminum foil, then reassemble the pan. Pull the excess foil up and around the pan to prevent any batter from leaking into the oven. Spray sides and bottom with vegetable spray.
- Grind graham crackers in a food processor or crush until very fine with a rolling pin. Mix graham cracker crust ingredients and pat only on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Place a pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven and close the door.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth ~ roughly 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides. Add sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest and beat again, scraping a few times during mixing. The batter should be smooth. Add vanilla and eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition until creamy. Slowly add the cream and beat only until the batter is lump-free and the filling is nice and fluffy. Scrape as needed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan on top of graham cracker crust, and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes.
- Optional – If using the optional sour cream topping, stop here and follow directions below for Sour Cream Topping.
- If continuing on with the Cherry Cheesecake Recipe, see the link above – “How to Make the Perfect Cheesecake”– for further baking, cooling, serving and freezing instructions.
- When completely chilled, carefully spoon contents of one can of Comstock cherry pie filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Makes one 9 inch cheesecake. Serves 14. Wrap and refrigerate any leftovers.
Sour Cream Topping (optional)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
Originally posted 2012-11-02 14:58:45.