Bistro Mousse au Chocolat
Serves 6 (1/2 cup per person)
• 5 ounces of dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa)
• 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
• 3 egg yolks
• 5 egg whites
1. Melt chocolate in a double broiler (or pan set over another pan of simmering water) on medium heat.
2. Remove chocolate from heat and add sugar. Stir well.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly fold whites into the chocolate mixture. Blend well.
5. Pour the mousse into parfait or champagne glasses and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight
Originally posted 2012-11-02 14:54:31.