Clear gelatin recipe
Gelatin Art Tools – don’t forget to purchase the basic gelatin art tools to help you get started!
Recipe for Transparent gelatin:
3 cups hot water
1 cups cold water
3 tablespoons Blossoms By Angelica™ super clear gelatin powder
2 cups white sugar or (Truvia) to taste.
1 teaspoon citric acid
1 tsp. of Blossoms By Angelica™ clear flavoring
1. Hydrate “bloom” the gelatin with the cup of cold water and stir to incorporate the whole entire gelatin powder very gently. Let stand for 5 min.
2. While the 3 cups of hot water still boiling.
3. Mix the sugar and stir well to dissolve the sugar.
4. Add citric acid and stir and ass the clear flavoring. Turn off heat.
5. Add the hydrated gelatin carefully stirring well until completely melted.
6. Remove any impurities from the gelatin (Foam) and allow to cool to room temperature.
7. If you wish to lubricate the pan, wipe it with vegetable shortening, no pork lard! With a paper towel smudge just little shortening and distribute well throughout the mold on the inside until it has no trace of the shortening.
8. Invert the cooled room temperature liquid gelatin in the mold carefully with the help of a cup or ladle.
9. Place the filled molds of gelatin in the refrigerator. * make sure there is no foam on top when refrigerating.
10. Let settle overnight for use the next day. If you put the gelatin to settle few days before, please cover with lid or plastic wrap to prevent shrinkage above. This will cause to break when making cuts in the gelatin and will be very difficult to work with.
Read more about Angelica Aquilar at www.blossomsbyangelica.com.